Hello and welcome to my website. My name is Femi Akinade and I am the founder of Khao Jai Muay Thai. This is my 'about me' section where you can find out more about my background as a fighter and personal trainer.
I am the reigning ISKA Light Welterweight British Champion and one of the top Muay Thai and K1 light welterweight competitors in the UK & also a qualified Personal Trainer certified by Active IQ and the Register of Exercise Professionals.
Over the past 11 years I have been competing internationally including several fights in Thailand's famous Rajadamnerm stadium. I have trained with and alongside multiple world champions and in the last 12 months alone I have achieved success both internationally, defeating opponents from Brazil, Italy, Spain and Thailand, and Nationally competing on several of the UK's biggest promotions including Smash Muay Thai and the Super Fight Series Championships. I am also the 2014 Nak Muay Series 4 man tournament winner.
I have been practising Muay Thai for 12 years now under Kru Will Kelly and Kru Simon Wells of Diablo gym in Barnet, North London and it was under their guidance that I received my instructor certification after demonstrating that I was worthy of carrying on their great lineage. Since then I have been training fighters and non fighters of all levels both one to one and in group sessions. I have also run several Thai boxing classes for various health clubs but now focus more on private lessons although I do still teach Muay Thai classes occasionally.
Muay Thai is my life and my passion. I love to share this art with my students and I love to see others enjoying Muay Thai as much as I do. I work with people from all levels, genders and social backgrounds from your working mum who's a complete beginner but wants to blow off some steam while staying in shape to competitive athletes preparing for their next contest.
I began studying fitness instruction and personal training in 2012 in order to have a wider and deeper understanding of the science behind exercise, as well as a better understanding of human anatomy and physiology and nutrition. The knowledge I have gained and continue to gain has been invaluable both in my own training and fight preparation and in helping my clients achieve their various goals. I am currently working towards my 2nd and 3rd nutrition qualifications. As a fighter I regularly have to lose up to 10kg within 4 - 8 weeks whilst maintaining strength and lean muscle mass and also ensuring I have enough energy to train intensely twice a day so a thorough understanding of nutrition is extremely important.
Below for your convenience I have listed some of my awards and relevant qualifications. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone if there is anything else you'd like to know or if you'd like to book a trial session.
• Current ISKA Light Welterweight British Champion
• Former ICO Light Welterweight English Champion (relinquished)
• Muay Thai Instructor certification under Kru Will Kelly and Kru Simon Wells
• Level 3 Personal Trainer certified by Active IQ and the Register of Exercise Professionals
• Level 3 Nutrition and Weight Management
. Level 2 Fitness Instructor
• Ranked no.4 @65kg in the UK k1 independent rankings
• Ranked no.8 @63.5kg in the UK Muay Thai independent rankings
• 3x Winner in Muay Thai at Thailand's Rajadamnerm stadium
• Winner of Diablo Gym's 'Fighter of the year award 2014'
•Winner of Nak Muay Series 4 man tournament 2014
• Winner of Super MTC's International bout vs Miguel Marques (Spain) via 4th round KO
• Winner of Smash Muay Thai Series main event 2014
• Runner up in the prestigious Pain and Glory 4 man Muay Thai tournament at the prestigious York Hall in 2009
• Winner of Diablo Gym's Muay Thai fight of the year 2008 award for the unanimous decision victory over previously unbeaten Karl Walker at the prestigious York Hall